Rolling Over CDs

JUNIPER snijuniper at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 13:01:26 EST 2005

    I have several 3-month foreign currency CDs. What is the best way to
handle rolling them over? They automatically roll over to new, similar,
CDs unless I specify otherwise.
    I suppose I could record them as cashed in, xfr the money back to
the checking account, then 'buy' new ones with the new CD number and
dates, but that seems like a nuisance.
    If, on the other hand, I just change the CD number and update the
amount (to reflect the change in value), it seems like that would work,
but then I'd would lose the record of the loss or profit from that
particular CD, but maybe it wouldn't matter so long as the amount
appeared somewhere...???
    Steve