Unbalanced balance sheet

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jrposting at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 16:10:36 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 15:40 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Potentially the report price method (weighted average vs. pricedb).

Indeed. Hadn't spotted that reporting option.

> > On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 20:12 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > Still, just buying some stock alone shouldn't cause any imbalance...
> >
> > Well, indeed. But I have deleted the transaction and the imbalance goes
> > away, so it is definitely the guilty party. I have also tried to create
> > a file with just this transaction in it as a demonstration, but I can't
> > reproduce it...

The transaction was initially imported from QIF and edited to get the
split. Having entered it by hand and deleted the old one, it now
balances. So my guess is that something about the import process does
something strange to the transactions.

Thanks for your help

Jeff