Transaction import problem

Perry Vickers perryvickers at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 2 12:41:22 EDT 2005

I am experiencing a problem importing "qfx" transaction files into Gnucash.

When I use the "import transactions" screen the file the "Generic import
transaction matcher" screen remains blank.  Nothing appears there at all to
review.

If I start Gnucash from a command line and then try the import, the command
shows this error:
LibOFX ERROR: ofx_proc_file():No input file specified
(Above message occured on Line 4294967295, Column 4294967295)

My configuration:
Running Suse Linux 9.3.  (New install, not upgraded from earlier release)
My version of Gnucash was originally the one that came with the distribution.
1.8.9-8 (and libofx was 0.7.0-3).
I have since tried to solve the problem by upgrading to Gnucash 1.8.9-15 and
libofx-0.7.0-6.  However, I'm still getting the same import problem even with
the newer versions.

I am an experienced user of Gnucash having used it for almost two years now.
(Running Gnucash 1.8.9-8 on my earlier Suse 9.2 install did not have this
problem - I've imported transactions successfully many times.)

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Perry Vickers