GnuCash Crash when I try to create a report

Richard Gilligan gilligan at pobox.com
Mon Jul 4 22:27:04 EDT 2005

Did you use fink to do a binary install? If so this link could be
helpful.
<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11309309>

Launch gnucash from a terminal window to get useful error messages.

On May 9, 2005, at 11:47 AM, <aslundberg at rcn.com> wrote:

> Have loaded GnuCash 1.8.9 onto my Mac G3 running OS
> 10.3.9. Works great, except for two problems.
>
> 1. When I try to create a report (or do anything under
> the "report" menu) the program crashes, closing all the
> windows and disappearing.
>
> Since that first happened, I ge an error message when I re-
> open my data file:
>
> 2.  "... can't obtain the lock for <data file>... Do you want to
> continue?" Is this a problem?

Assuming no gnucash user has the data file open _right then_,
you can just click the "open anyway" option.  Gnucash will remove the
lock file left behind when it crashed before.

Cheers,

Richard