Report printing problem

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 17:57:20 EDT 2005

--- Andrew Sackville-West
<andrew at farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> Paul Schwartz wrote:
> > I am running Knoppix 3.4 with Gnucash 1.8.10.
>
> I'm running a mostly de-knoppified debian unstable
> and have not seen
> this problem. However, I started with 3.7 and have
> since done many
> upgrades (mine is HD isntalled).
> >
> > When I display the register for an account in the
> > default configuration and click on Report, I get a
> > nice report on the display.  If I now click print
> and
> > send to the printer, I get a page with the title
> and
> > the left most column of text. The other columns of
> > text aren't there.
> >
> > If I change the account register display to
> > Transaction Register style and do the same as
> above,
> > the complete report prints on the printer.
>
> What do you mean by "default configuration" and
> "Transaction Register"
> style? I have never changed the view preferences for
> the account
> registers so assume I am using the "default" and
> have no problem. All my

When you open a register view, you get the "default"
view.  If you change to View:Style:Transaction
Register, you get a view that shows all of the splits
in the report.
 Even if there are no splits, I don't get any info
printed unless I choose that view.

> reports print fine, though not always "pretty."
>
> What are the details of your printing set-up? CUPS?
> current version? etc

Looks like cups is 1.1.20
When the print window shows in GnuCash it is printing
to lpr the default printer.

> > Any idea where tolook for the problem?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Paul Schwartz