Report printing problem

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Sun Jul 10 18:26:15 EDT 2005

well, sorry to say I can't help you as I can't duplicate the problem...
see below

Paul Schwartz wrote:

> --- Andrew Sackville-West
> <andrew at farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
>

>>Paul Schwartz wrote:
>>
>>>I am running Knoppix 3.4 with Gnucash 1.8.10.

I'm running 1.8.11 and so I can't rule out that its your version, but
I've used earlier versions and don't remember this sort of problem.

>>   <snip>>
>

> When you open a register view, you get the "default"
> view.  If you change to View:Style:Transaction
> Register, you get a view that shows all of the splits
> in the report.
>  Even if there are no splits, I don't get any info
> printed unless I choose that view.

ah, okay, well, again, I can't duplicate the problem. However, if you're
not picky about the register view, you can set the view in the
preferences... that would save you a few clicks.

>>reports print fine, though not always "pretty."
>>
>>What are the details of your printing set-up? CUPS?
>>current version? etc
>>

> Looks like cups is 1.1.20
> When the print window shows in GnuCash it is printing
> to lpr the default printer.

same here for lpr, but I am running through 1.1.23. Can't imagine that's
a big deal. All other things being equal I'm gonna guess its something
in your printer drivers or printing system configuration.

sorry, not much help.

Andrew