command line (was Thanks GNUCash)

Eric Angell eric at cs.hmc.edu
Wed Jul 13 11:27:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at  9:04:21 +0100, Maf. King wrote:

> Subjectively, I agree here.  Report generation seems to take
> forever, relative to the time the splash screen progress bar
> shows data loading.
>
> How about a --dont-build-reports flag to the GUI, giving a
> "quickstart" effect?  Without knowing much about coding, it
> doesn't seem to me that that would be particularly hard to
> patch in.
>
> Just a thought.  But the ability to ssh in to my box when I'm
> away and do some quick'n'dirty entry could be useful...

Seconded.  When I fire it up over ssh, the first thing I do is
ignore it for about five minutes while the reports build.  But
since so many people have problems with saved reports, I just put
up with the delay of building them each time (usually takes over
100 seconds to start locally, yet the CoA is up and finished
within 30 seconds).

-E

--
Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the
tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.