Gnucash working under Tiger

Tom Kerswill tom at tomkerswill.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 17:30:01 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've just joined the list, but have been doing a bit of googling about
gnucash and Tiger... the latest posts that I turned up seemed to suggest
it doesn't work at all.

I found to start with that gnucash just wouldn't load - you type the
command and simply nothing happens. But I left the computer for about an
hour after having tried to launch Gnucash and suddenly found that after
that time, Gnucash had loaded fine. It seems to work perfectly well
under Tiger, and now loads almost instantly too.

The only thing that I've found doesn't work is printing invoices. When I
try to do this, it crashes with the following message:

dyld: Symbol not found: _gnome_user_dir
  Referenced from: /sw/lib/libgnorba.27.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

- That's a minor problem though. Everything else works fine.

Would be interested to see whether anyone else has success running
Gnucash under Tiger?

Tom