Duplicate entries management? Gnucash is right for me.

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Thu Jun 16 11:38:16 EDT 2005

during the import, there is a screen that lists potential duplicates for
your review. I don't know how well this works in your situation as I'ven
ot tried it and your descriptions and dates may vary from the banks...

You could (this is a joke!) just not enter any transactions manually,
relying on the banks file... then there wouldn't be dups, or they would
certainly match in all respects and get caught by the importer.