Duplicate entries management? Gnucash is right for me.

Eric Angell eric at magicpacket.net
Thu Jun 16 13:31:57 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at  8:38:16 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> You could (this is a joke!) just not enter any transactions manually,
> relying on the banks file... then there wouldn't be dups, or they would
> certainly match in all respects and get caught by the importer.

You could also (this is not a joke) just enter all transactions
manually.  For example, I save all receipts for non-cash
purchases.  I periodically (1-2 times a week) empty my wallet,
entering each transaction as I remove its receipt.  When the
statement comes, if there's anything I haven't entered, that
means I screwed up, and I find it when reconcilling.

-E

--
I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though
she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about.  I