[gnucash] ATM/POS cards

Mike mzulkoski at nctc.net
Fri Jun 17 06:04:13 EDT 2005

On Friday 17 June 2005 02:33 am, Bob Alexander wrote:

> Would there be any problem if I scrap the ATM card account and just
> enter an "ATM withdrawal" charge on my checkings account with a transfer
> to my cash account ? Sounds a lot simpler !

An ATM transaction is nothing more than a "paperless" check and should be
treated as such with proper notation on the entry to identify to whom the
"check" was made.  Example:   (vendor)ACME Co. ATM withdrawal or simply ATM
Cash Withdrawal.   It doesn't seem necessary to go through the additional
steps to transfer money from one account to another as you have been doing.

I have a single ATM account and all of my credits/debits to that account show
up in my reports.  Helps to keep track of how much cash is slipping in and
out of that ATM card slot :)

Mike Zulkoski