How to handle an insurance reimbursement

Bob Alexander bob at ngi.it
Wed Jun 22 01:42:38 EDT 2005

Yesterday in my mail I have received a check from my insurance company
as a reimbursement of the expense of replacing my car's windshield.

The fact that is puzzling to me is that the expense of replacing the
windshield and also the insurance premium (dunno if it's the right term
... I mean what I pay to the insurance to be covered), in time are
BEFORE I started this accounting.

So when I go to the bank and give them the check I know that I should
enter that on my gnucash checking account but I am confused on which
other account to balance it on.

I feel it's not an "income", but what ?

As always thanks for your warm support,
Bob