How to handle an insurance reimbursement

Robert C. Ramsdell III rcriii at ramsdells.net
Wed Jun 22 07:27:57 EDT 2005

So create an account 'Car Repair'.  Go get the receipts from the repair
and enter them into this account (maybe as a transfer from Equity, or
wherever you derived your initial balances from), then immediately enter
the deposit with the money coming _from_ the Car repair account.

That way the deposit will appear in your cash flow, but not as income,
but rather to offset an expense.

Robert