report on account monthly average amounts?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 25 09:44:47 EDT 2005

Robert,

This python script seems rather overkill; Gnucash can do exactly
that with the Account Summary Report.  Wouldn't it be better to
write it in scheme and add it to gnucash as a report, rather than
have an external program that's dependent on the GnuCash data file
format (which _is_ subject to change)...

Terrence, As far as I know gnucash has no report currently written to
display _average_ balances.  A little bit of scheme could be added to,
say, the account summary report to add a column with average balances,
but of course you'd need to supply a period (average balance over what
period of time).

-derek