lost data

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 29 14:11:03 EDT 2005

I'm sorry to hear about your data loss.  It sounds to me like you
didn't back up the current datafile.  The .log files are just that,
log files.  They should be auto-deleted after 30 days.  The .xac files
are backup files, and those, too, are auto-deleted after 30 days.

If you have files older than 30 days then you probably moved your
datafile somewhere else, and might have forgot to backup that place.

-derek