question about formulas in mortgage/loan druid

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Wed Jun 29 20:50:48 EDT 2005

If you intend to always make a payment of $450 and the loan does not have
any special prepayment rules, you are really just changing the terms of the
loan. You can use the financial calculator to figure out the payoff time
and use the druid to create the SX for the "new" loan terms.

My experience is that often I can only get close to what the bank says. I
just adjust the amounts when I get an official statement. This may
happen, for example, because the bank is really doing a daily interest
calculation and the day that the payment is credited makes a difference
in the interest+principal allocation.

Dale Alspach