Council Tax

Tom Haskins-Vaughan tom at meandmini.com
Tue Mar 8 14:15:09 EST 2005

I've just got my Council Tax bill for the year 2005/2006. I will be
paying it by direct debit over 10 months. My question is this. Because I
know now how much I am liable for for the whole of the year do I create
a liability account called council tax and charge it the total amount
with the Expenses:Tax:Council tax  expense account? This way I'll always
know how much I have left to pay i.e. the balance of the liability account.

Or, should I just charge it to my current account each month?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Tom