GNU Cash miscalculating Mutual Fund numbers in calculations

Jason Ahrens jason.ahrens at rogers.com
Tue Mar 8 18:45:53 EST 2005

On March 8, 2005 07:58, you wrote:
> First thing to check, in the sub-accounts, are the correct number of
> shares shown for each purchase/sale?

Yes. The nuber of shares shown is the number I entered. When I enter items in
these accounts I enter the purchase price and the number of shares. At the
account level, it does calculate the correct value. It just seems to have
issues getting passed up to the Investment account correctly.

> In my account view, the balance shown for my mutual fund (or stock) sub-
> accounts is the total number of shares (_not_ the value).  Only in the
> parent account is the total _value_ of all shares shown.
>
> I believe that the total value shown for the parent account is based on
> the latest price input for each stock (commodity, fund, etc).

You are correct, and that is the number that is wrong. The parent account
_value_ is where the incorrect number is being displayed.

Jason

--
"It takes a long time to become young." -- Pablo Picasso