Council Tax

Tom Haskins-Vaughan tom at meandmini.com
Thu Mar 10 15:03:18 EST 2005

> Annual or monthly, it's still an expense. How do you record your car tax? Your
> Income Tax? You don't owe income tax until you receive income. You aren't
> borrowing money from the government and then having to pay it back.

I think the reason I want to use a Liability account is so that I always
  know how much I owe. But for the initial payment on the first of April
I will have an expense account Expense:Tax:Council Tax.

I can see what you mean about it only being a monthly payment. I guess I
just like the idea of my Liability account being decreased over the year
rather the expense account being increased. Purely psychological :)