Connecting to a postgresql Database on the Local machine

Vincent Ngundi vincent at kenic.or.ke
Tue Mar 15 12:16:28 EST 2005

Hi All,

***********************PART One****************************************

Initially, I tried storing my data on a remote database server running
postgres but I got errors such as:

"FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host X.X.X.X, user vincent, database
'the_data_base_I_created'

FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host X.X.X.X, user vincent, database
template1"

In the pg_hba.conf file I had:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK       METHOD
local   all         all
host    all         all         127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255 trust
host    all         all ::1     ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff   trust
host    all         all         X.X.X.X         255.255.255.255 trust

***********************eNd of PART One *********************************

***********************PART Two*****************************************

I then decided to store my data on the local host running postgresql
8.0(and GnuCash version 1.8.9 - I used the oprion "--use-mysql" when
compiling GnuCash). but then I keep getting the error below:
 "This database is from an older version of gnucash. Do you want to
upgrade the database to the current version?"

** When I click on "Yes", I get the following error:

"The server at URL postgres://localhost/template1 experienced an error
or encountered bad or corrupt data"

The logs show the following:

"** CRITICAL **: file gnc-component-manager.c: line 275
(gnc_cm_event_handler): assertion `id_type' failed."

**When I click on "No", nothing happens (my data is not stored anywhere)

Anyone who can help please do........

Is the postgresql backend under continuous development?

Derek and Ted, thanks the earlier response.

Vincent.