Suse linux install failure

Derrick Ashby daeroncs at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 15 17:05:52 EST 2005

John Altstadt wrote:

> Derrick Ashby wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> Since a copy of Suse Linux 9.2 professional was included on the cover
>> DVD of Australian Personal Computer recently, I thought that I would
>> install it on my test machine, which I did.  While I was at it I
>> thought that I would take a look at gnucash 1.11, which is so far not
>> available via portage for my gentoo system.
>

> Try:
>   ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge -p gnucash
>
> 1.8.11 is currently masked.
>
> John

Having just checked the gentoo package database I see that 1.8.11 was
added on 14th March.  I normally sync no more than once a week, so your
suggested emerge command only gets me 1.8.10.  I'll probably get 1.8.11
next time I sync. Hope so, anyway... :-)

As a matter of fact I have a package.keywords entry for gnucash, which
means that I get a new version as soon as it hits testing.

Derrick