Suse linux install failure

Derrick Ashby daeroncs at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 15 16:15:42 EST 2005

Neil Williams wrote:

>On Tuesday 15 March 2005 11:10 am, Derrick Ashby wrote:
>

>>Neil Williams wrote:
>>

>>>On Tuesday 15 March 2005 5:29 am, Derrick Ashby wrote:
>>>Looks like you missed gtk+2-devel glib2-devel
>>>http://mail.nl.linux.org/xchat-discuss/2002-12/msg00068.html
>>>

>>No packages with those names in my Suse distro.
>>

>What you need is:
>http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/glib-devel.html
>-rwxr-xr-x    1 root    root             1771 Oct  2
>03:01 /opt/gnome/bin/glib-config
>
>Remember, GnuCash is not a Gnome2 application yet.

Neil,

I don't wish to be rude, but I stated quite clearly in my email that I
had installed glib-devel, which was where glib-config is.  I installed
it about three times.  The file never appeared.  If you would actually
like to read my reply to you you will see that the URL you referred me
to appeared in my email to you.  What I need to figure out is why the
file is not being installed, or work out another way of getting hold of
the file.

Derrick