Suse linux install failure

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 16:46:07 EST 2005

With respect, what you actually wrote was:
> According to info on the
> Novell/Suse website glib-config should have been in /opt/bin, only it
> wasn't.

OK, maybe I didn't make it clear enough, but if you read the page at the URL
we both quoted, carefully, you'll see that you are talking of
/opt/bin/glib-config
and the website and my quoted line is talking about
/opt/gnome/bin/glib-config

Note the gnome/ subdirectory.

I do hope you've looked in /opt/gnome/bin as well as /opt/bin/ - forgive me,
but you missed the critical digit in the earlier version, so I would like to
be sure you've looked in the gnome/ directory before making any further
enquiries.

If it is in /opt/gnome the remaining issue is to tell the configure process
where to find it - you could use a symlink, for example.

I haven't found many RPM or other packages that will completely fail to
install a single file - baring some weird filesystem problems. I guess
if /opt/ is on ext2 and /opt/bin is on some weird read-only partition (i.e.
even read-only to root), that could result in your problem but that really
would be unusual.

If it really isn't in /opt/gnome/bin/ then there are problems elsewhere in
your system that are not the fault of GnuCash - nor can they probably be
solved on this list. Sorry.

--

Neil Williams