Connecting to a postgresql Database on the Local machine

ted creedon tcreedon at easystreet.com
Fri Mar 18 11:05:16 EST 2005

 Works fine here on SuSe 9.2.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user-bounces at gnucash.org
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces at gnucash.org] On Behalf Of Josh Sled
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:10 AM
To: vincent at kenic.or.ke
Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: Connecting to a postgresql Database on the Local machine

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 09:32, Vincent Ngundi wrote:

> Just wanted to ask, has anyone ever successfully used GnuCash with a
> PostgreSQL database in Linux(I'm using Redhat 9).

I would venture to guess a very small number of people.

> I keep getting the following error when I try to save as either:
>
> postgres://localhost/template1?user="username"
> postgres://localhost/template1"

That sounds like a funny name for a gnucash database...

How did you create 'template1'?

What is in the table 'gncVersion'?

> Please help me out!

The postgres backend isn't really supported.  Specifically, none of the
active devs use it, it doesn't support all the features of GnuCash
[scheduled transactions and business objects especially], and we intend to
replace it.

The best help you're going to get is from yourself and the sources.

...jsled