where is the mythical Gnome Application Crash Page?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 24 19:13:19 EST 2005

Quoting Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at farwestbilliards.com>:

> there is a dialog that pops up and says something to the effect of
> "/usr/bin/guile-1.6 (process 30998) has crashed"
> "see the Gnome Application Crash Page"
>
> I'm totally paraphrasing there. But no link.

That is the dialog to which I refered.  There should be a button labeled "submit
bug report" or something to that affect.  Click it.

> Happened last time when I opened a different file, asked to save
> current, click yes, seemed to mostly save, and then crashed. I was
> distracted, so....
>
> more on this later.

Yea, I've run into this one, too.  There are a number of memory corruption bugs
in 1.8, in particular when you try to close and open files.  I've found a few
cases where I can reproduce the problems, but I can only reproduce them with my
own data file, not with an empty data file..  So there's something particularly
weird going on.