year end, already !

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Sun Mar 27 12:52:57 EST 2005

David J Patrick wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>

>> David J Patrick wrote:
>>
>>> Isn't it time gnuCash got a sugar-daddy ??
>>

>> Or how about another tack -- I own a small business. I would happily
>> put up X dollars a year to pick a function and pay for it to be
>> finished up. If we can gather a few like minded people together, each
>> of us kick down so many dollars and then the developers can put in the
>> time and finish up one aspect at a time?
>

> Makes sense to me ? means that, hypothetically, I might get gnuCash to
> do what I need with either code or cash !
> djp

I suppose, but that's really up to dev. I have no idea how they
structure their time etc. From my perspective, I've moved from
win/quickbooks to Linux/gnucash. So now I'm not spending $2-300 per year
just on tax tables and updates not counting the every two years or so
required upgrade. I figure why not get a few people together and pool
resources, pick a feature and ask for it? Again, its really up to the
devs. Maybe they like being able to develope when and how they want? It
may turn some people off to have us dictate features for money. Then
again I know some of these folks are basically freelancers anyway, and
so why not? I also have no idea what developer time costs when you start
dictating things.