GnuCash crashes giving a Segmentation Fault Error....

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed May 11 11:44:56 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 18:40 +0300, Vincent Ngundi wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 18:07, Josh Sled wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 17:58 +0300, Vincent Ngundi wrote:
> > > When I run GnuCash, I get the following error:
> > >
> > > "Application "/usr/bin/guile" has crashed due to a fatal error.
> > > (segmentation fault)"
> > >
> > > ..then I loose all the changes that I had made to my file....
> > >
> > > What could be the problem?
> >
> > What are you doing when it crashes?
> >

> I'm entering data when it crashes...

Vincent,

I'm not at your machine, and I can't read minds.  We need more and
specific information in order to help you.

Can you reliably reproduce the problem?
If so, what is the sequence of steps that will cause the crash?
Does it occur against an empty data-file, as well?
What locale are you running under?
Is anything else printed to the console before the crash?

...jsled