gnucash and Mac OS X 10.4

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri May 13 09:43:19 EDT 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Kevin T. Broderick wrote:

> On 12May 2005, at 12:33 AM, David Reiser wrote:
>

>> I was afraid something might happen. Gnucash 1.8.11-20 exists (and
>> is intended to solve the dynamic linker issues with Tiger), but
>> the fink master rsync mirror is constipated. Since the fink folks
>> specifically request that we avoid using CVS updates unless we
>> really need to use them, I'm going to wait a day or two before
>> getting terminally impatient. Anyway, my 10.4 update went better
>> than I expected, so I'm rarin' to go. As soon as I can get a
>> tarball, I'll try compiling gnucash.
>>

> I've managed to acquire the source, and it seems to work (it opened
> my data file successfully and was even able to draw the graphs for
> the Expense piechart and the income/expense by month reports).

I had to work a little harder, but mine is working now too. Fink
selfupdate (yet again) today netted a new version of fink that would
go to a working mirror. Unfortunately, just 'fink update gnucash'
didn't do the trick for me.

I did both an upgrade to Tiger (not clean or archive and install) and
an in-place fink update. The result was that updating to
gnucash-1.8.11-20 didn't get the gnome-libs or gtk+ updates installed
before compiling gnucash. (I have let the maintainer know.)

Not knowing if it is completely necessary, I told fink to update
gnome-libs, gnome-libs-dev, gnome-libs-shlibs, gtk+, gtk+-data, and
gtk+-shlibs (older versions were in my old fink setup, so I just did
'em all). After that, forcing a recompile of gnucash 1.8.11-20 seems
to have worked fine.

Some of the gnucash dependencies were updated on my first attempt at
updating gnucash. I don't know what the difference was.

I'm back in business and a happy camper.

Dave