identifying sales tax

bri bhh_mail at mail.com
Sun May 15 18:57:08 EDT 2005

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew <at> farwestbilliards.com> writes:

> 2. you could put a "tax" sub-account under every account then you could
> report with or without the tax as youlike.

OK, this to me looks like the most 'reasonable' - keeps the exepense totals
correct, tho the bad thing is that each transaction shows up as split, so you
have to click on it to see what the expense category is. But that's something I
think I can live with.

But.. whats the best way to get an end of year report of all of these
Expense:whatever:Sales Tax categories? The only way so far that I can see to get
a total on expenses is with the pie chart? I don't see that any of the other
reports that show expenses show a total dollar figure? Or is there one that I'm
missing? Guess I need to go thru and learn how to make my own reports.. I know -
and when I get it done, I'll see if anyone else wants it. :-)

.bri.