Lost or corrupt files

Kathy kathyo at centurytel.net
Mon May 16 20:05:37 EDT 2005

     Earlier today I shut down my machine without first closing GNU Cash.
After restarting latter I am unable to open any of my files in GNU Cash. I am
able to find the files in home/kathy/accounting but when I try to open them I
get a error message saying  "this file/url appears to be from a newer version
of gnu cash. You must upgrade your version of Gnu Cash to work with this
data"
But I allready have the newest version of gnu cash installed. Does anyone here
know how I can open these files? If I cannot save these I will loose over 2
years worth of data!!
   Help Please
    Thanks  Kathy