Setting financial year

Ashley Kitson akitson at bbcb.co.uk
Tue May 17 17:13:42 EDT 2005

David (and also Josh who replied in the same vein)

Thanks for the info;  I have no inclination to get morassed in coding
the program.  I do enough of that in the open source Xoops CMS world.
(in fact I'm writing a simple accounting module called SACC amongst
other things.)

Having recently upgraded to 1.8 I was hoping that the business
functionality might be a bit more useful.  Obviously I am to be let down
on this occasion.

It strikes me that perhaps the developers are not versed in simple (and
I do mean simple) business accounting.  Hard coding a financial year end
is absurd.  There appears to be some big holes in the business
functionality (the vendor/customer/ selection process is extraordinary
for instance [no one heard of type-ahead?], no bulk post etc etc.) But
hey ho, I can always go and use Sage I suppose. Shame really as I've
been using gnucash for a couple of years.

Regards
Ashley