Setting financial year

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 17 17:31:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

Note that you can always manually set the start/end dates in the reports.  Is
this a bit cumbersome?  Sure, but it means you can still get the functionality
you want.  It's just a bit more work than setting a global financial year
setting.

As for the business search functionality, give me a C implementation of a phrase
wheel widget and I'll gladly plug it in.  Unfortunately no such widget exists.
Someone sent my python code about two years ago and I've been asking on this
list (and the -devel list) since then for someone to translate it to C.  Still,
nobody has done that.  So it's not for lack of understanding that the code is
written the way it is; it's for lack of supported widgets to do the work for us
(and the lack of time to actually write one ourselves).

Also keep in mind that 1.8 is the FIRST release with any business support.  But
I promise you that if you're not completely satisfied with GnuCash I'll
personally refund your purchase price times three!  :)

-derek

http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashFaq#Q:_The_fiscal_year_is_July_1-June_30.2C_how_can_I_change_that.3F