help with foriegn currency

matt at mattbostock.com matt at mattbostock.com
Wed May 18 08:46:00 EDT 2005

Hi Beth,

Your guide is extremely helpful, thank you!

One question - when setting up 'Get Online Quotes', it suggests adding
'gnucash --add-price-quotes $HOME/gnucash.xac > /dev/null 2>&1' to the
crontab. Should the filename gnucash.xac be changed to the name of the
file that my accounts are stored in? I opened the gnucash.xac file after
running the command, and it didn't appear to contain any quotes:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gnc-v2>
<gnc:count-data cd:type="book">1</gnc:count-data>
<gnc:book version="2.0.0">
<book:id type="guid">ede22881a07d206f975aac274dcbd2ec</book:id>
<gnc:count-data cd:type="account">1</gnc:count-data>
</gnc:book>
</gnc-v2>

<!-- Local variables: -->
<!-- mode: xml        -->