Some Chinese can't be displayed

Kent Tong kent at cpttm.org.mo
Thu May 19 03:11:14 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm testing gnucash in Knoppix (Chinese version). Most of the text in the UI can
be shown in Chinese fine, but in some cases garbage is displayed such as the
few text labels at the top of the General Ledge window (eg, "tot Funds"). The
date displayed in the date picker also appears as half garbage mixed with
some Chinese.

At the same time, some error messages are displayed in the terminal like.
The first one seems to be from gtk saying the helvetica font doesn't support
some characters for the "BIG5-0" encoding. The following errors are all
saying "gnc_mbstowcs: bad character conversion". The error message is not exact
as I don't have access to that computer at the moment.

Any idea? TIA!