Currency symbol odd display (GBP Pound sign)

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat May 21 05:05:21 EDT 2005

On Saturday 21 May 2005 08:53, Ashley Kitson wrote:
> Bob
>
> Here is answer if you are running Linux.  I asked same question a week
> or so ago and a chap called Ian Leonard supplied the answer
>
> You need to change the LANG environment variable. Write the shell script
> below. Call it gnucash_gb and put it in /usr/bin. CHMOD it to set
> execute permissions
>

> #!/bin/sh
>

> export LANG=en_GB
> /usr/bin/gnucash
>
>  >>end of script - do not nclude this line
>
> now run gnucash_gb to start the program

Hi,

I am 95% sure this script won't work on SuSE9.2 - on both SuSE9.1 and 9.3,
which I have, the "gnucash" program is actually under /opt, not /usr

To find out where gnucash has been installed, execute the command:
which gnucash

and use the output of that in the script in place of the /usr/bin/gnucash
line.  In my case it is /opt/gnome/bin/gnucash.

HTH,
Maf,