OOo Spreadsheet for Canadian Payroll Tax

Michael D. Crawford crawford at goingware.com
Sat May 21 20:41:39 EDT 2005

> And yes, Neil, I wanted to  extend it for import to gnucash as well.

It shouldn't be hard to present a final result in such a way that the
page can be exported as tab or comma-delimited text, and then directly
imported into GnuCash, perhaps after being massaged into XML or QIF by a
simple Perl or Python program.

Does OpenOffice have any facilities for programming in some kind of
scripting language?

I think that if I and whoever else wants to help do a good enough job at
creating and standardizing the spreadsheets, it wouldn't be very
difficult to convince GnuCash's developers to import  the latest payroll
directly, by interpreting the OpenOffice spreadsheet XML format directly.

All OpenOffice document formats are small directory heirarchies
containing several XML files, which have been compressed with zip to
save space and transform the directory tree into a single file.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com
crawford at goingware.com

     "I give you this one rule of conduct. Do what you will, but speak
      out always. Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared,
      be in doubt, but don't be gagged."
      -- John J. Chapman, "Make a Bonfire of Your Reputations"
         http://www.goingware.com/reputation/