custom reports and latest debian version

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Sat Nov 5 17:45:14 EST 2005

Matt Funk wrote:
> Hi,
> i was wondering if there is (to anybody's knowledge a howto or documentation)
> available that describes how incorporate custom reports in gnuucash (and
> possibly even some examples of how to write them for which i understand you
> need scheme). It probably is there, but i simply haven't found it in the
> documentation or really on the web either.

http://www.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-docs-1.6/xacc-customreports.html
says that the report interface is basically undocumented, but its not
that hard to figure out from reading the existing reports. yes scheme is
required. If you have real trouble you might ask on -devel, but you're
best bet is take a stab at it using the existing reports. Also, if you
know specifically what you want, you might post a request up here as
several of us can probably put together a report for you.

> Also, does anybody know of somebody having a debian package for 1.8.12? I
> don't think that it is even on the unstable distribution yet?

latest version in packages.debian.org is 1.8.10

you'll have to build you're own 1.8.12. instructions for that have
changed lately due to the migration to svn. I think what you need is:

svn checkout http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/tags/1.8.12 gnucash

where the final "gnucash" is the directory to place the source tree in.
then

cd gnucash
./autogen.sh --enable-opt-style-install --prefix=/opt/gnucash  <there
are many options here, this is what I use... check the README's in gnucash/>

make
sudo make install

also, if you've not built gnucash before you probably need at least

apt-get build-dep gnucash

and maybe more depending on what that pulls down for you. autgen.sh will
warn you of missing things.

good luck.