Adding a Payroll calculator

Jay Scherrer jay at scherrer.com
Tue Nov 8 13:56:55 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 12:00 -0500, gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org
wrote:
> Fred Frigerio <ffrigerio at frigerio.us> writes:
>
> > That way someone can sell a payed service and provide you with up to
> > date tables, while providing some programming or $ resources to the
> > developers and paying back the community. :)
>
> Indeed!  :)
>
> -derek

This weekend, working on the simplified payroll calculator, I have found
more options and even more questions. For internationalizing I've added
sub classes "us" to the payroll and tax structures.
However, while investigating the 2005 forms issued from the
<http://irs.gov>, I found that we can sign up for e-services developer
status, providing the software goes through a series of tests for
accuracy. The testing transmission will now use .xsd or XML schema.
Right away I began thinking of QSF.
But the main question, is this an option with the GnuCash developers?
This would mean offering the ability to originate and transmit US
employer's IRS forms 940 and 941 to start with.
For more information:
<http://www.irs.gov/efile/index.html> look for e-services , eftps, and
e-file.

Jay Scherrer