Australian Tax Office and Linux

Andrew Greig algreig at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 9 20:47:43 EST 2005

Good news for Aussies on this list, especially those in Business.  The
ATO has finally made a trial version of its Electronic Commerce
Interface available for Linux.  Check it out here:

http://eci.ato.gov.au/download/linux.htm

To see how GUI friendly it was I used Ark to extract it to my home dir
and from the desktop I made a link to the application script. Works very
well.

Sorry this is OT but probably the best way to reach Aussie businesses
using Linux and gnucash

For those who are not Aussies, this ECI is the way the ATO deals
electronically with businesses in Australia.  Until now it has been
Windows only, with a rough version for Mac OSX.

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia