Failing automake when trying to build version from CVS

Tor Harald Thorland linux at strigen.com
Sun Nov 13 06:06:14 EST 2005

Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:58, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
>

>>What will then happen if i'm translating on the 1.9 version, and they
>>will go to the next version? Just discard the translation?
>>

>I can feel your frustration here. No, you wouldn't just discard the
>translation, because those same terms are going to come up again, and again.
>There will be even more to translate.
>
>Don't be discouraged, but continue slowly.
>
>Liz

So if I understand correctly here, I'll just continue as the translation
howto says, and try to build the 1.8, then send the translation files in
a email as described, and it will be added to the 1.9 version?

This is what Derek Atkins wrote from one of the previous mails in this
thread:

"There's little point in translating 1.8 -- there wont be another
1.8 release.  You might want to wait until the 1.9.0 alpha release."

So this is then partially not correct?

I also asked here earlyer, is it possible for someone to send me a file
for the norwegian translation, and I'll then work with this one, and
then later on when I'll manage to build my own version ill start from
the begining again (with the rest of the translation?)

THT