Finance::Quote - TiaaCref module ... again.

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 14 21:32:31 EST 2005

This time it looks like the server is down.

If you go to http://www.tiaa-cref.org/financials/ddata/
selection2.html (tiaa-cref's web site data portal) and ask for data,
it attempts to access
https://www3.tiaa-cref.org/ddata/DownloadData
(the most recent mod to F::Q tiaacref), but returns

Failure of server APACHE bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds.

Build date/time: Oct 25 2004 09:57:03
Change Number: 453442

So, unless Tiaa-Cref has decided not to provide the data online
(despite the submission form being active), this looks like a
temporary thing.

Dave