gnucash crashes

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Thu Nov 17 16:08:39 EST 2005

Dear List:

Gnucash on my systems is haunted.

I have been running 1.8.10 on my Debian 3.1 system at work. I have entered
several customers, created several invoices and printed both invoices and
customer reports out. Yesterday, I was adding more data, and encountered the
following problems, which I tried to post to bugzilla. I can't get gdb or
bug-buddy to generate a stack trace output.

Here's what I had planned to post via bugzilla:

Customer Report hangs GnuCash

1. If I click on Reports|Custom|Customer Report
2. Customer Report WAS under Reports|Business Reports, but got moved, not by
me
3. Attempts at printing some other things, invoices sometimes

It is as if something, gnucash or something else, is modifying gnucash ...
sometimes allowing it to run and having the menu items, such as Customer
Report under the right heading, and sometimes moving them, and causing it to
crash when invoking certain things.

I enter a new invoice and want to mark when it is entered as well when it is
DUE. However, the due date field is greyed out, disallowing me to change it.

Please advise. I am trying to convince my wife that this is a better way to
run her business than buying Quickbooks and TurboTax and spending more money
to upgrade to faster hardware, when GnuCash should handle all this just
fine.

Scott