Custom reports - what's the latest word?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Nov 19 01:58:38 EST 2005

Jeff Smith <jeff at smithicus.com> writes:

> It seems that in my current installation (v 1.8.9) there is no way to
> save my changes to the defaults for the various reports, and no way to
> add my own reports. (Or have I missed some trick somewhere?)

Neither of these are true.  You can save a custom report...
The major issue is that you must make sure the report
has a unique name, so you don't have two reports of the
same name in the system.

> If I understand correctly, I can add custom reports if I write them in
> the scripting language and then build my own executable from source
> every time I have a new report to add or change.

Nope, you don't need to build your own executable from source.
You just need to modify the standard-reports.scm file to get
it to load your new report.

> I can live with that (coding don't scare me none) but if I do that, is
> there a more recent version in the CVS tree that I should consider
> upgrading to? Any new features that might address any of these issues
> for me? Otherwise, I'd be tempted to stick with the stable 1.8.9 release.

Well, 1.8.12 is the most recent 1.8 version...

All development has moved to SVN, based on the g2 release.