Fwd: Re: gnucash NOT crashing now

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Nov 19 06:40:35 EST 2005

Oops, forgot to include the list...

Subject: Re: gnucash NOT crashing now
Date: Saturday 19 Nov 2005 09:27
From: "Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net>
To: Beth Leonard <beth at oasis.slimy.com>

On Saturday 19 Nov 2005 07:20, you wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 08:08:09PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>

> Save as html
> 	- Saves the snapshot in time as a web page that can be
> 	viewed exactly as-is at times in the future, even after
> 	the account data has changed.
>
> Save as pdf
> 	- similar to save as html
>
> Save as custom report type
> 	- Saves the current options to a custom report
> 	name, so that after the transactions in the datafile
> 	have changed, the report can be run again.
>

> I'm sure we can think of lots of other formats and I know I'm welcome
> to submit patches ;-)  I'm more thinking aloud to see if the English
> and default behavior that makes sense and is pleasing to me would
> be desirable to other users.
>
> No sense in patching it if other people would hate it.

Hi Beth,

The behaviour you describe above already exists - other than the pretty
dialogue box bit!

your "save as html" is the export button
your "save as pdf" is the print button (well, ok. gnome-print has a bug or
 2!) and the "save custom report" what started this thread....

so I thing that the issue is what to call the "save Report" so that it is
 more intuitive.  "Create custom report", or "save this report options as a
 custom report" seem a bit wordy - maybe just some roll-over text to explain
 what is happening a bit more explicitly?

£0.02 worth
Maf.

Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542