Generic Import Transaction Matcher empty - revisited

Brian Dolbec brian_dolbec at telus.net
Mon Nov 21 02:50:32 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-20-11 at 19:16 -0800, Des Dougan wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 22:11 -0500, James Roman wrote:
> > In the installation I installed, the OFX support was not separate. (You
> > are referring to the installation from
> > ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-crauch/10.0/RPMS/i686/.) On a
> > whim, I installed that version of Gnucash, and the gnucash-ofx package,
> > but I still get the same result, no entries in the Generic Import
> > Transaction Matcher.
>
> Hmmm. If you've installed Christian Rauch's version, then it definitely
> works, as I've confirmed that for myself recently. The only reason that
> it shows no entries is when there is nothing to match (again something I
> was able to confirm recently when I was testing the version - I was very
> cautious after installing it, as I've had some real problems with OFX
> support). Are you sure that there should be matches at the moment?
>
> Des

I remember that someone else had problems importing stuff.  It turned
out the date identifier did not match a gnucash known type.  It
prevented everything from working to find matches.  Check the import
file in an editor to see if it looks alright.  Check the archives for
the thread if that might be your problem as well.  I believe he did a
search & replace on the identifier for it to work.

--
Brian Dolbec <brian_dolbec at telus.net>