M$ Money - projected a/c balance

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Nov 21 11:27:28 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 16:09 +0000, Peter Gregory wrote:
> The processing required is to take the current balance for an account,
> and then apply in date order any scheduled transactions (including any
> scheduled transactions that should already have been applied). Print the
> calculated end-of-day balance and date.

The budgeting support in the development branch might help you get the
data you're after, but this is, I think, something slightly different.

One possiblity is to force the creation of scheduled transactions out X
(60, 90, whatever) days in the future.  Once done, the register for the
account(s) will show the correct future balance with the transactions
applied ... but only because the transactions will *actually* be entered
onto the books.  This is less-than-flexible if you want to try out
different payment schedules or in fact want to make any change to the
scheduled transactions.

A report that looked at the scheduled transactions and computed their
application into the future would be nifty.  All the pieces are there as
the Since-Last-Run dialog does substantially the same thing; this would
just want to do so without actually changing the transaction state, and
have some reasonable behavior around SXes that contain variables.

...jsled