Failing automake when trying to build version from CVS

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Oct 1 17:33:11 EDT 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 9:07 pm, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
> variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
> program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
> this message.

That's expected.

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../lib/libc
> -I../../src/gnc-module -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include
> -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations -Werror -MT gw-engine.lo -MD -MP -MF
> .deps/gw-engine.Tpo -c gw-engine.c  -fPIC -o .libs/gw-engine.o
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> In file included from ./gnc-book.h:41,
>                  from ./Account.h:31,
>                  from ./Group.h:30,
>                  from gw-engine.c:9:
> ./gnc-pricedb.h:176: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return
> type

That is not. It's an error in gw-engine.c which is generated by g-wrap so I
can only assume something is wrong with your g-wrap/guile setup. It is a
topic that has cursed me before and one that I still don't understand so I am
unable to help you other than identify gwrap as the problem.

The reference to gnc-pricedb.h is a red herring, the error is in gw-engine.c
(the line refers to a function with a void return type).

--

Neil Williams