Changing language

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 15 11:45:14 EDT 2005

Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> writes:

> Hi:
>
> I have my Mandriva 2005LE set for French as the system language but
> would like to run GnuCash in English. Is there a way to set the GnuCash
> default language to English regardless of the system language setting or
> the KDE language setting? Almost all of my clients are English speaking
> and I would like to run invoices in English rather than French. Even
> better if by default GnuCash were to run in French and the invoices were
> to be generated in English.

Set the "LANG" environment variable:
  LANG=en_US gnucash

> BTW ... I am looking forward to better integration with KDE as the
> printing of invoices always prints with overlapping sections. I prefer
> to use KDE rather than Gnome. GnuCash is great!

Sorry, Gnucash is a Gnome app -- it wont be integrated into KDE.
The printing problem you see, however, should hopefully be corrected
in the next release; I think it's a bad interaction of gtkhtml and
gnome-print...  But it's all g1 support libraries; the move to
g2 should hopefully correct it.