Writing checks

Brian Dolbec brian_dolbec at telus.net
Thu Oct 20 01:29:49 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-19-10 at 11:08 +1000, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> That is fine when you use the American stationery based on U.S. Letter.  We
> use A4.  I can create a new custom format, but I can't save it for future
> use.  It looks as though Derek can't, either.  I don't print enough cheques
> to be worried about printing a range, but my handwriting isn't reliable.
>
> Doug.
 sending to list...I must have hit reply, not reply all.

I've been using spreadsheets to print my checks.  I am using quicken
style single page checks with two stubs under the check (one goes with
the check, one for my records)  The payroll spreadsheet includes all the
pay stub details, the other has stub templates for memos, invoice {date,
number,amt.} all totals, number conversion is done automatically.

I can email them to you if you like, then you can easily modify them to
fit your format and needs.

It would be nice if gnc could do it that way as well.  I can't get very
far with scheme  :(.  I got halfway to adding more info to the fancy
invoice, but got stuck at the invoice.  I have changed the File =>
Properties dialog and the extra business info is saved/retrieved, but
can't get the fancy-invoice to get it.  So that info remains hard coded.

--
Brian Dolbec <brian_dolbec at telus.net>