Financial year handling

Nicholas Lee emptysands at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 00:44:40 EDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Did you give any feedback about how it wasn't usable in your environment?
> Did you file any bug reports about the issue(s)?

Maybe on the mailing list. I don't recall exactly. I did have have
some conversations about you about some features. I think in the end I
discovered SL got out of my way and did the job, were as GC couldn't.

I recall maybe the biggest issue was dealing with Sales Tax.

> > As opposed to Gnucash? ;)
>
> Why, yes, actually.  "yum install gnucash" gets it installed (presuming you

I was a little tongue in cheek with that comment.  Most of the time
involved with a package is spent after the install period. The install
time really isn't that important, plus the slow progress of G2 is
making gnucash risk being dropped from some distributions.

> I'm sorry you feel that way.  I know lots of other people who feel
> differently, including the many happy users of gnucash (both as a
> personal finance program and a business finance program).

I don't doubt you. I guess my slight unhappiness stems from my opinion
that gnucash might be further along being a better Personal Finance
application if it had concentrated on that solely.

--
Nicholas Lee
http://stateless.geek.nz